Monday, June 27, 2011

Gratitude

Journal Entry on May 18, 2011 
I just finished reading my story to adoption. I have a huge feeling of gratitude toward my Saviour. He has guided and led me through this journey. Nothing has touched my life that hasn't first passed though the hands of God. Never once has He left me.

I can’t even see the full beauty of God’s plan yet, but I will say this –I would walk this road all over again to experience the grace of God that I have felt. This trial has given me such a sweet relationship to my heavenly Father. He knows exactly what is best for me. His plans are far greater than my own. I’m so thankful I can rest in His unfailing love.

I thought I knew what was best for me – sometimes other people still think they know what is best for me, BUT GOD is my Creator, Redeemer, and Friend. He knows me better than anyone else and loves me deeper than anyone else – don’t you think I can trust Him?

God has given both my husband and I a desire to adopt a child. After spending time praying and seeking the will of the Lord, we both feel this is exactly what God desires for us. Now I can see why God was bringing us through the trial of infertility. It wasn’t that He was withholding something from us, but it was that He had something much greater for us. We feel so privileged that God would choose us for this special opportunity. We  had to walk through the pain, sorrow, and trials of infertility to receive the special blessing God has for us. My prayer is that I will not forget what He has taught me, especially about finding my sufficiency in Him. I have come out on the other side of this trial a much stronger individual in Christ.

Words cannot express our feelings of excitement and anticipation as we prepare for the little life God is going to give us. God has given us a new desire and one that so profoundly mirrors the gospel of Jesus Christ. What a high calling! Thank you Jesus for this gift.


We welcome you to leave comments!
Due to the sensitive nature of this website please do not disclose any identifying information about Kevin or Anna (e.g. last name, places of residence, and employment or school history).
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment