Thursday, July 21, 2011

THE CALL

June 27, 2011
What started as an ordinary day would end as one of the best days of our lives! We will never forget how the Lord blessed us on June 27th.

Monday is one of our favorite days! Kevin and I often catch up on projects around the house or take the day off on Monday. Since we had recently finished our home study we thought we should start painting the baby’s room. We were having a great day together and it felt good to get things accomplished in our home. Kevin was painting the bedroom a buttercream yellow and we were brainstorming about decorating ideas. I was in the kitchen attempting to make my first ever strawberry freezer jam. J During the middle of this messy task, my phone rang. I looked down and immediately had butterflies in my stomach when I saw Elisa's name. I quickly answered the phone and began pacing the floor. A quick flashback of our last conversation popped into my head. "Elisa told me she would instantly let me know if she was calling concerning a question", I thought. Elisa was very chirpy on the phone and asked how we were doing, she asked about our anniversary, and on and on....to be honest I was getting annoyed. “Why is she so chatty?” I thought, but secretly I was hoping it was THE CALL. Finally, she asked if I was with Kevin. At that moment I KNEW exactly what she was going to tell us. I got all shaky when I turned on the speaker phone. Elisa was elated to share that birthmother “P” had chosen our profile and was very impressed! There were eleven profiles and birthmother “P” was glued to our little profile book that was never intended to be in her hands. Her social worker urged her to look through the other copies, but “P” never wavered. The emotions of that moment were overwhelming and powerful. I burst into tears. I cried and cried and cried....(I still cry when I think of that moment)

After we hung up Kevin and I were overjoyed!  We couldn't sit still - we couldn't focus, we were so thrilled! We went out to dinner to celebrate our answer to prayer and of course we had to go and buy our little guy some clothes!

There is no doubt in our minds that God is in control. Seventeen short days after completing our home study we had a placement! Just writing about our story gives me goose bumps as I reflect on God's goodness. His plan is always perfect.

I started a journal to my baby boy on June 27th. Love him so much....I can't wait to hold him!

This is a picture of the front cover of THE profile book. :)

Stay tuned to hear about the day we met birthmother “P”. J  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you I can't even see straight! I'm dying to hear how the meeting went. :o)

    ReplyDelete