Monday, July 11, 2011

The Beginning of the End

So much is happening around our home at the moment. I thought I would take some time to get you caught up on our lives.

June 14, 2011
This day was quite significant in the fact that we received birthmother “P’s” profile. This is an email with basic information about a birthmother who is choosing an adoption plan for her child. Also included in this profile is information concerning the birthfather, medical records, details concerning the pregnancy, and the birthmother’s explanation for choosing adoption. The adopted family can then notify Bethany and say “yes” please show our profile or “no” please do not share our profile. We had received two other profiles, but for a variety of reasons our profiles were not shown. On this particular occasion, Kevin and I prayed and both felt that we would like birthmother “P” to view our profile. This would be the first time our profile would be shown.

I wasn’t quite prepared emotionally for this process. Each email we received I would cry as I read the profile. I would wonder about the little life whose destiny was hanging in the balances. I would pray for the birthmother, especially when there were difficult circumstances involved. It broke my heart and I wanted to help everyone. Although I knew God had someone special for us, someone that He had already chosen for our family.

Birthmother “P” would be viewing family profiles on June 20th. This was a bit of crunch time on our part and a whole lot of faith. As mentioned earlier we finished out home study on June 10th. The process for domestic, infant adoption through Bethany Christian Services is that the birthmother actually chooses the forever family for her child. For this reason it is very important you have an impressive profile book (the one I mentioned I had spent over 24 hours preparing). In this profile book are pictures and lots of information about the adoptive family. Because our home study finished faster than we anticipated, we hadn’t had our profiles completely finished or shipped for that matter!

We went right to work to finish the profile books and have them delivered on our doorstep before the meeting on June 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment