Thursday, February 7, 2013

Walking by Faith

For we walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7) is a very meaningful verse to me during this journey to adoption. As soon as my eyes ran across this verse I claimed it for my own before beginning our second adoption process. I had been asking the Lord to give me something special for this next step. Before Noah’s adoption my husband and I used the theme, “Open Arms Held High”. Although that remains true, we are in a different position in our lives. Right now there are many decisions hanging in the balances. I’m not talking small things, but BIG things – we are facing a collision of life altering decisions happening simultaneously. My husband and I believe the Lord is leading us to a new ministry, one which we will have to relocate. We don’t know the when, where, or how, but we know WHO is leading us and that He is in complete control. It isn't very comfortable walking into the unknown. At times I feel blindfolded with my arms outstretched in front of me, but I’m putting one foot in front of the other in faith knowing God is in control of my future. When I stumble and trip on a bump that is along the road…I’m going to remember that I am walking by faith, not sight. 

1 comment: