Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Long Awaited Update

I just sat down to finally update my blog, but to be honest I hope I am not able to finish. I am waiting for my phone to ring and dash off to the hospital tonight!  The preparations have been made; my house is clean, I have meals prepared in my freezer, the diaper bag is packed, and the car seat is in the car – any moment now! I am so excited to meet our little blessing….our SON.

I have received so many messages, emails, phone calls, and text – yes, everything is fine. I just haven’t had time to write lately. Things have been busy at the church, and we have been doing our best to get a little ahead.

God has been so good – I get excited to share our story with others. It’s been encouraging for me to speak to many people about our journey to adoption. I know God has brought this special plan into our lives to share it with others.  Everyone faces difficulties and trials, and I can relate with them to a certain degree and share God’s grace in my life. I can have peace and rest because I know God is in control and His plan is always perfect – He makes no mistakes.

It has been a considerable time since the last time I wrote, so I won’t be able to share all the details with you. However, I will give you a brief version of what the future looks like for our little family.

Our baby boy’s due date was moved from September 2nd to August 25th. From what the doctor says baby is doing very well and seems to be quite healthy and strong. All along they thought he would come early, so each week I would prepare for his arrival. His due date came and went – nothing. The birthmother went to the clinic yesterday (Friday) and they said if he doesn’t come this weekend then they will induce her on Monday. They were fairly certain he would come this weekend. He hasn’t made his grand entrance yet, so maybe he will debut on Sunday – perfect for my husband who is a pastor! ;)

I wish I could share all the details of how the Lord has affirmed and reaffirmed us during this past month. I am hesitant to share many details so publicly on my blog for a variety of reasons.  I love to talk about adoption so you can speak to me anytime, and I would be happy to share with you our experience.

Here is what we can expect when we receive the call.

Kevin and I will go to the hospital as soon as the birthmother starts labor. I have been invited to be part of the birthing experience, which I gladly accepted. Let me just stop here, and ask you to pray for me specifically during this time. I know this will be tremendously difficult for me and I need you to pray for emotional strength during this crucial time. It has been my constant prayer that the birth mother would come to know Christ as her Savior and also that the Lord would show her mercy during labor. It will be very challenging for me to watch her go through labor. I can honestly say I would much rather take the physical pain, than to go through the emotional turmoil of watching. The Lord has given me real victory and I know this is God’s plan, however, I know I will watch her go through labor and wish it could be me. Please pray the Lord will give me wisdom and discernment during this critical time.

I really don’t know much of the details for the rest of the hospital stay other than it is the most crucial part of the infant adoption plan. Please keep this in your prayers. Kevin and I have been given no reason to worry or fret about this important time, but in the back of my mind I’m still uneasy about the whole ordeal.

Once everyone has been released from the hospital we will then go to a neutral location and have an entrustment ceremony. This is not the standard procedure; typically the hand-off happens at the hospital. It isn’t out of the ordinary either though, and the birthmother asked if we would be willing to comply.  This is another crucial point that I am trusting the Lord to help. I am sure by this time we will be very tired, which will make us even more emotionally vulnerable.  We will need God’s strength and grace in a way we will have never imagined. I have been told this will be the single most difficult thing I will ever have done in my life. My husband and I would appreciate your prayers.

Well, I’ve said all I’m going to say tonight and no baby news. L Maybe tomorrow…


1 comment:

  1. Praying, praying, praying!!! Sounds like you have prepared for every possible scenario, and know that you will Trust whatever and whenever things happen. Much love to you both!

    ReplyDelete